Aston Martin of New England is proud to offer this superbly restored 1958 MGA Twin Cam Roadster. Introduced in 1958, this high performance version of the beloved MG MGA sports car received a horsepower bump, bringing total power to around 100hp, as well as a set of Dunlop 4-Wheel Disc brakes and Dunlop Center Lock Wheels, making the MGA a true hot rod British roadster.
Just one of only 2,100 or 2,200 Twin Cams manufactured between 1958 and 1960, this example was born with chassis number YD3/765. Refinished in its original colors of Black over Red, YD3/765 was restored and completed by MG specialist James Alcorn of La Jolla CA in 2013, including a factory-spec engine rebuild, and it is believed to have been raced extensively in Illinois from the late 1970s until the 1990s. This MGA comes complete with restoration documents, restoration receipts, soft top, side curtains, original tool kit and roll, tire pump, jack, car cover, workshop manuals, full-zip tonneau, and British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate.
The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate shows that this Twin Cam YD3/765 was completed on Oct 28, 1958, and was destined to be a left hand drive North American export, with the USA as its final destination. The BMIHTC also shows that the list of factory fitted equipment consisted of: Deluxe Windscreens with Sliding Windows, Dunlop Center Lock Wheels, Dunlop Disc Brakes, Heater, and a Competition Windscreen.